AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rubicon or jk crd i need convincing either way
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krump_7 View Post
Hey guys and girls. Thanks heaps for the replies and insights. Has really given me food for thought. Im apprehensive about the jeep crd as ive only ever had a petrol 4wd, so really trying to learn all i can before the time comes to make a purchase. Thanks heaps for the replies and the in depth responses. Ive joined the crd facebook page and had a squizz through there. And trawled thousands of posts and thread's on this site, and have nutted it down to the 2 choices. Plenty of crd information on this forum up intil about 2013 ish then not many posts, would be good to hear of more recent crd experiences. I was watching a youtube series called sidetracked in which the wrangler they had crapped it self. Is there any specific reason these cars seem to crap out or is purely just down to servicing neglect?

Might have to go enroll in a diesel mechanics course at tafe to learn more ahah.

Cheers
Brad.
It's not really service neglect it's just preventative actions that you wouldn't know about some of which aren't a Jeep or wrangler specific thing but more modern crd and emission laws thing.

If I was to buy a new wrangler crd the first things I'd do just to be confident in it would be:

an additional water seperating fuel filter (replaced every 2nd service)
A new trans cooler
Higher flow grill and possibly bonnet
exhaust temp pyro close to the turbo
Possibly upgrading the radiator and fan too

And if you want to keep a modern crd long term

EGR blank and tune
DPF delete
Crank case vent catch can and probably vent to atmosphere

After all that you have already dropped an additional few grand and can kiss your warranty goodbye

Last edited by OzRick25; 23-01-2018 at 07:13 PM.