AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK shocks on a TJ?
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018
Established Member

Liked 60 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldon View Post
I have jk shocks on xj, front is as good as factory shocks, rear a bit firmer than factory, probably because of rear leaves instead of coils like tj & jk.they're also a bit longer than factory xj shocks.
Thanks, that's the sort of info I'm looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoffroad View Post
I run Jk shocks in my TJ and find them very comfortable ride, they are slightly longer about 1 inch in the front and 2 inch in the back from memory. Don't quote me on this though as it has been a couple of years since I fitted them.
I find the ride to be a vast improvement over the cheap TJ gear I was running previously, however I did change the springs over to the JK ones at the same time so it could be a combination of the springs and shocks as they are obviously valved for that specific spring rate. However for a very cheap upgrade, in my case free, I found the ride greatly improved. Worth a go in my opinion.
Just got a set with low K's and after reading this I might get the springs as well!

Last edited by Struth; 24-01-2018 at 11:43 AM.