AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tires
Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts
Thumbs down It's a No-Go for 265/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler on Standard WH Rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin GUTTA View Post
Yes please

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Hey mate,

I test-fitted one of these last night using the WG GC wheel and Nitto tyre and unfortunately you will have no chance of making them work with the standard WH GC wheels. The side biters make heavy contact with the steering knuckle/upright and the upper BJ shank would need cutting.

I then test fitted it with a 5mm alloy spacer that I had lying around and whilst it then clears the steering knuckle/upright, it looks a bit close for comfort (maybe 5mm max.) and would become an issue when lowering tyre pressures offroad. The upper BJ shank would need cutting. The Commander rims are 7mm less offset, so it would be slightly better, but I reckon it would be very tight.

I also did a test fit with my new 1.25" wheel spacers and there was heaps of room and they line up perfectly with my Commander flares, but would poke out about 10mm on a WH. Plus, you definitely need to do the pinch weld mod.

I will post the photos later if you like? Gotta get my jobs out of the way first before the shops close...