AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Can Jeep succeed in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
And what did the Journo' expect him to say..... "no its all a big whitewash" ?

The public image problem will not be quickly solved by an advertising campaign, quality must improve, the dealers credibility restored and Jeep Australia and Jeep USA need to stop "F'ing" around customers.

None of these are quick fixes....... and I question if Jeep are more than superficially committed to the required changes. It took a total collapse in sales for them to even think about the problems..... if it wasn't for the scandals, ACCC legal actions, almost continuous bad press and effects on their bottom line they would have happily left all the problems unaddressed.

I love my Jeep...... when I'm not threatening to "burn" it - but currently I'd never buy another one unless things changed massively and over a number of years.
Exactly and with even more proprietary techno wizardry appearing in the coming models I can only see FCA's grip on its customers balls getting tighter. You have to ask yourself wtf is there intention with that front axle electronic disconnect, how can that be a better option than auto or manual hubs to deliver fuel savings. I see shit like that and think awesome my car is going to be locked up in the stealership for months on end and I'm going to have to have hundreds of conversations with someone there who probably doesn't even know what an axle is to try and get it resolved. No thanks