AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Leaking, won't move when into gear?
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK Leaking, won't move when into gear?

Hey everyone,

Took my 2008 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport out today off-roading in sand and some pretty tough bumps and hit one of the dunes pretty hard but kept pulling through until the car gave up on me and bogged me in a patch of soft sand. Car was leaking a thin red fluid from a hose underneath the engine under the car (No need to open the bonnet) and suspected it was something to do with the transmission due to when i was driving the car was kicking off when accelerating.

I had my foot slightly on the pedal and it would delay and then kick with the revs and accelerate late (sleeper zone i believe they call it), i managed to unbog the car then drove for a good 20-30 metres with a shifty feel until the car wouldn't move even though i was in gear and accelerating it would just rev but not move?!

I checked underneath and it was only the one thin hose leaking heavily with RED THIN fluid which was see through and smelt pretty strong, i believe it's something to do with the transmission fluid? I had to get a tow truck out and will be taking it to the mechanic ASAP but wanted to get this post out and see everyones thoughts and maybe could fix it myself to save money on something that looks simply but is a big deal

Cheers