AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Indicator and Wiper stalks not working
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

The driver's side airbag recall was to check correct operation of the clockspring in the steering wheel, if not up to spec they replace it with a new version. The recall I am referring to is S33, there may be another one for the 2012+ models, but same process and parts I beleive.

I had my S33 done at my local dealer (Waneroo Jeep) and they stuffed it up, picked up my Jeep and it had a airbag light on on the dash...? So I call them and they blamed me and said they haven't done anything wrong, put a new clocksping in so it must be something else, want to charge me $160 to plug in their starscan computer to pull the airbag code and diagnose. After a lot of back and forth and me getting very angry they agreed to book it in again and have a look. They have it for another day and ended up being a faulty clockspring that they installed, but then put in another 2 new clockspings before no more faults showed up! So either there was a bad batch of clocksprings or their mechanics were incompetent during installation (most likely the latter)...

On a different note, when I picked up my Jeep the second time I find that they've broken the clips that hold the OBD2 port in place, so if I bump it it'll fall out of the bracket. I complained and they said it was like that before they got it, told me they 'interrogated' their mechanics and they swear "it was like that already", then want to charge me $thousands to get a new OBD port and loom etc.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119