AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2017 towbar recall??
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baino View Post
That's great news Chuck2.

Is there much difference in the size / fit of the HR bar compared to the mopar bar? Does the HR bar fill the holes cut into the rear bumper?

I'm tossing up whether to change my mopar bar for a HR bar. I've got a few 4wd trips next month - I'm not towing but expect I'll have to snatch a few friend's bogged landcruisers out.

I'd planned to use my recovery hitch for this but given the recall I assume this would not be safe.

My '18 overland came with a recovery hook at the rear - apologies as I am not mechanically minded but does anyone know if this is attached to the towbar or would it be ok to use?

Thanks!

I am interested in why some seem to have the Rear Hook retained and others removed. My MY18 Trailhawk has no hook, and I know a couple of other are the same. Surely there is nothing unique to the rear of the TH that requires the removal of the Hook. I will asking to see if it can be refitted as part of whatever the solution ends up being for the recall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk