AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dual battery locations (under rear seat?)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018
Established Member

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Rear seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
..l loop on the sides near the wheel wells, when you pull these the back rests are unlocked and the bottom cushion will lower as you fold the seat forward.
Ah-ha! This explains why they are hinged at the front but dont flip up and forward, they go down at the back! I knew about pulling the loop to fold the rear seat backs forward, but every other car I've had or driven, the seat bases flip up and forward against the back of the front seats. Well, except the Volvo XC70 cause it has a better system and built in child booster seats...freakin awesome design.

Also trying to work out how to remove the rear seat head rests. Pushing the button they slide up and down but won't come out (grrr...). I usually have my wagons setup as a two seater with large cargo area, so nearly always have the rear seats down with head rests removed, but occasionally I need to give a 3rd person a lift, so need the narrow seat back to come back up some times.