AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ 1998 VM 2.5 turbo diesel - limp mode?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2018

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Arrow

Layback40 - Understand - I'm trying to learn as fast as I can, this is my first Diesel ever. But as far as I read, not a lot of shops are familiar with the XJ 2.5 VM Motori. How would you suggest I find one north of Brissie? Same goes for the manual transmission - my second car with one, last was in 1999.
Also, I get your point re catalyst converter, but the factory manual describes one for the 2.5, unless it's possibly in the context of a petrol.

Amlav - thank you - also understand. I did read about the plastic bit, I'll check that out - would it happen only when hot?
I do have the fsm and a separate pdf dedicated to the ax-15.
I tried to look for the clutch fluid reservoir and I can't find one.

While I respect your knowledge gentlemen and your helpful suggestions, and while this is indeed a manual and a diesel which I'm not familiar with, I'm not totally incompetent when it comes to mechanical work.
I do everything on my ZJ myself, I've done two head gaskets, replaced power steering pump, managed to fix enough to limp it to the nearest sealed road twice, once on Teewah and once at Poepples corner... Nobody helped me, and the head in the ZJ is solid iron

R