AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why is it hard to Start when Cold
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

went to Longreach again on Saturday cold early start and the jeep didn't want to start had to crank 5 or 6 times I thought I might flatten the battery anyway it started as usual once started straight to a perfect idle ?
ok I haven't got around to pulling the throttle body off as yet but I unplugged it and got the multimeter out and tested the voltage 4.5v to 5.2v all good within limits so the wires must be ok .............. so it must be the map sensor?
the check engine light didn't flicker while it was unplugged ............... so it must be the map sensor ?
while playing with the wires and map sensor I noticed that the throttle body has no gasket now I have had it off before and it never had a gasket but this time it sorta struck me I checked my hanes manual and there should be a gasket ? I was going to just get some thick gasket paper off the mechanics but decided to buy a you beaut gasket from rockauto for $1.80 aud silicone/aluminium blah blah postage $ 9.00 which is the killer but oh well ......
may be there is a air leak which is after the sensor? and cold =contraction and heat = expansion Im guessing so I will wait for the gasket to pull everything apart and clean
also if the map sensor was playing up wouldn't the car run roughish all the time ?
still a mystery
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)