AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What would you do with my JK if you were me???
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickturtle View Post
TURISMO 07 Hi Turismo. You touch on the nub of the problem. Everything in the car is in perfect working order. Or at least it was when the problem first came up. Only in the last six months after its final stint with the dealer did other problems come up. And these are no doubt related to the original prob. Now the electrical battery charging systems don’t work. When I last drove it home (45 minutes) the battery was audibly boiling when I got there. Was a good battery – now a dead battery. The ESP light won’t go off, the ABS light won’t go off, the hand brake light won’t go off – even though the handbrake is fine.
Sorry I didn't read all of your replies to everyone else, so I could be off. But based on your replay to me, it sounds like you either had a bad batt or might have a alternator issue, or at least wiring/sensor issue to do with the alt.

The alt on the CRD's is a smart unit, it charges the batt as required, if the ECU is not getting the right batt info then it'll run the alt at full power and overcharge and kill the batt.

Modern vehicles (that are full of sensors and elecs everywhere), and even more so modern diesels need good strong current to run properly. If the batt/alt start to die even the slightest drop in voltage will cause all sorts of probs throughout the vehicle. ABS/TC warning lights etc are some of the first things to send faults when voltage to their ECU drops.

I have heard of vehicles with malfunction auto trans and fault codes etc and after a new batt was fitted the trans worked perfectly.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119