AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Just about over it....
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2018
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default Just about over it....

So after spending $3k on the gearbox in the last 14 months I have been pretty happy to hang onto the Jeep since it had been working well again. Then in the last 3 weeks I've started getting a recurring P0430 code. It comes and goes, but hasn't affected how it is driving so I've been happy enough the clear the code and keep going.

Last weekend, we headed down the coast and it drove perfectly, albeit throwing the code once during the trip, but once cleared it didn't come back.

This weekend however....

We headed off to visit family in Dubbo and the run out was perfect. Just after Molong on the way back though, the ABS and Handbrake lights came on and the speedo stopped working. I tried to search for codes, but nothing came up on the scanner. We limped into Cowra making our best guesses on the speed we were travelling and I checked for codes again. No joy. I tried disconnecting the battery just in case, but no change. The speedo would come in and out at irregular intervals, but mostly we tried to follow other traffic all the way home, but about 45mins from home the MIL came on. There was no change in how it drove so I kept going, hoping to make it home. When we pulled in I scanned again:
P0430 - Catalyst system out of range (the usual one)
P0501 - Vehicle Speed Sensor A
P0573 - Brake switch A circuit high

Just about getting ready to sell it off for parts. What's going on with this thing???