AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New crd injectors or sell?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default New crd injectors or sell?

Hi everyone, just after opinions on what you would do.
My CRD 04 Grand Cherokee is needing more money to be spent on it to keep it going but it has 340,000kms on it and I'm tossing up if I should just upgrade instead.
It currently stalls if I give it any more than 70% throttle and throws a low fuel pressure fault code. I completed a leak back test and it shows injectors 4 & 5 are no good which sucks because I got less than 10,000kms out of 5 remanufactured injectors from commonraildiesel.com . I've put a seal kit through the high pressure pump and the low pressure pump is completely new. I've even installed an inline electric pump before the filter. All the fuel line springs and some of the fuel lines themselves have been replaced. I've replaced the transmission shifter electrical board with the upgraded one recommended on here and done numerous other things to keep it all running well.
Would you fork out $2,000 on 5 new injectors on it or would you sell the car and put the money towards a WH Grand petrol V8 (not real keen on another CRD)?