AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Trailhawk Out & About
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post
Yes, a serious problem for all modern 4WD's.

I run over a weighbridge whenever I can.

Nearly all the vehicles I see in the outback are over weight, most by a fair margin, and many running around town are well over weight without being loaded at all, just the weight of accessories. The insurance companies will be having a field day.

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Yep' I've seen and followed many...I see where the QLD Gov is looking to get something like $540,000,000 from their speed cameras this year... Guess there is no money in stopping what is obviously an overloaded & towing 4WD..Running them over a weight bridge and at least giving them a warning or a defect notice means police on the roads and that cost money...Easier to set up covert speed cameras in those yellow trailers that look just like roadworks signage etc..Easy money for the Gov coffers but not that much an immediate effect on road safety when the fine comes in many weeks later and only about speed....Forget about the tailgaters and erratic (self-centred) drivers let alone those overloaded vehicles...Seen a few caravan wrecks on the roadside in the 10,000km trip I just did..Wondered if the cause was too much weight aka exceeding the caravan GTM or the vehicle GVM or both (GCM)??...Just a thought...And yes all those dual-cabs with everything that opens and shuts, the boat on top & the BIG caravan...Hmmm??