AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ZG Diff Ratios
Thread: ZG Diff Ratios
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default ZG Diff Ratios

I blew the diff in the front of my ZJ, we're fitting a new front diff. When they put it in they reckon the diff they took out was from a "diesel" and is somehow different to what they had to go in as a replacement (which is a ZG front diff)
Does anyone know what the actual situation is as I'm not aware of any diesel ZG Grands being out here. Are they saying I had a front diff from a diesel XJ Cherokee before? That has me pretty confused all things considered.

If it's true (bearing in mind this is the word of one guy who may or may not know what he's saying) what do I do to get my truck back on the road properly Apparently they think the new diff (or maybe the old one, I'm not 100% sure) has a 3.73:1 ratio. Is that what she likely had from new, or what should it have been from new, something else?
Apparently with the new diff in it's already been driven by the mechanic and he hasn't had any problems so that makes me think it's all the same and some "expert" is speaking out of his backside as much as anything.

If anyone can shed some light on this mess I'd be most appreciative!