AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Banning lifts with stability control
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Latest news from QLD

CONFIRMATION OF CHANGES EFFECTIVE TOMORROW 26TH OCTOBER

Dear Stakeholders,

The Minister for Transport and Main Roads has today announced the approved amended LS9 and LS10 codes under the Queensland Code of Practice (QCOP), that includes updated rules governing lift requirements, the new codes come into effect from tomorrow 26 October 2018.

I have attached the final version of the LS9 and LS10 codes which details the requirements and now form part of the amended QCOP. I will also provide a quick summary of the major changes below.

Under the changes, the maximum lift height has increased from 125mm to 150mm with certification. Consistent with rules that apply in the National Code of Practice (NCOP), internal lift limits have also been set at 75mm suspension lift (an increase from the previous rules of 50mm), 25mm tyres and 50 body blocks for a total of 150mm. As has always been the case, TMR will continue to consider lifts above these limits on application directly to the department.

Vehicles with electronic stability control (ESC) can now also be lifted up to 75mm (50mm suspension + 25mm tyres) without certification. This is in line with rules that apply in New South Wales and Victoria, and exceed the requirements that apply in the NCOP. This means, regardless of whether a vehicle has ESC or not, the same rules apply for lifts up to 75mm.

I have also attached an updated version of the Vehicle Standards Instructions: Minor Modifications document which provides a brief outline of the rules specified in the QCOP. A simple Fact Sheet detailing the vehicle lift changes has also been prepared, this is designed as a quick guide for yourselves, but also customers of your businesses for those selling or fitting lift equipment/parts.

All documents will also be available on the TMR website from later today.