AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Tyre hitting guards - Lift Kit??
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018
Established Member

Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus7887 View Post
Thanks for your help guys. Is the attached quote a good price for what it is?

JK 2 DR 2" RANCHO LIFT KIT WITH RS5000 SHOCKS, FR COILS, RR SPACERS, FR BUMP STOPS, REAR BRAKE LINE BRKTS & RS5000 SHOCKS. ADD RTB, FR PANARD & CASTER ADJUST

JK PANARD DROP BRACKET R/H/D

JK CASTER BOLT OME SQUARE HEAD SET JK FR PANARD ROD ADJUSTABLE

LABOUR

$2,017.39
Hmm, I'm not sure about that kit. It looks like it doesn't have some components you really need to resolve your issues, and on the other hand includes unnecessary parts for a short lift. It looks like this combo is based around one of Rancho US's very basic kits (US$350 https://www.morris4x4center.com/ranc...-66108br5.html). Both Rancho US and Australia have much better/more complete kits available, which both Clip and I have installed.

This kit doesn't have upgraded rear springs, which you really need for your heavier set up (rear spacers won't firm up the ride, so you'll just end up bouncing off the bump stops all the time instead of the fender flares). Also, I wouldn't bother with a new front track bar, as with only 40-50mm lift you're not going to see any significant axle deflection. It seems overkill and your money could be better spent on other components that will actually make a difference to how your Jeep rides and handles, like a set of Teraflex or Synergy front lower control arms (way better caster correction option than OME caster bolts).

As Clip said, the Rancho Australia kit is about $1,500 with the 9000XL adjustable shocks and new springs at all four corners. Also, if you have a look at their website you can choose between constant load springs (stiffer, better if you always have the rooftop tent and other items loaded in/on the Jeep) or comfort/medium springs (probably fine if you only load up occasionally, as you can dial up the shocks when you're fully loaded. The springs will still be stiffer than stock springs). https://rancho.com.au/jk-wrangler-suspension.html

I assume your Wrangler is a 2-door, as the 4-door springs are slightly stiffer due to their extra weight. You wouldn't want to put 2-door spec springs on a 4-door JKU.

I'm not sure who gave you that quote, but it doesn't seem like they've actually understood what your current issues are, or how to solve them properly.
Previous Jeeps: 1998 TJ Sport, 1999 XJ Cherokee

Last edited by Ozian; 17-12-2018 at 03:14 PM.