AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Mechanic suggestion Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Mechanic suggestion Melbourne

I have just moved down to Melbourne and was hoping someone could help out with a suggestion for a mechanic.

My JK recently had it’s clutch ?thrust bearing replaced twice (second time under warranty) and it’s still making a similar sound. It’s an intermittent thing and is usually stopped by pushing in the clutch. I think it might just be an adjustment, but not being a mechanic I need a good one that can figure out what’s actually wrong and fix it rather than just try replacing bits at my expense. When the last one replaced the bearing the second time, he said that there might be a problem with a bearing in the transmission that might be something to do with the problem. Now that I listen for it there is now a worn bearing sound in 2nd and 4th and it heats up after a bit of driving in those gears. I’ll need to get that fixed too.

Is there a good mechanic that people can recommend that will be able to diagnose the problem and let me know my options? I’ve moved to SE Melbourne but don’t mind driving for the right one.