AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK: weekend warrior build up
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Default JK: weekend warrior build up

Hey all.

I've had my 2007 JKU for a week now and have started to get ideas on how I want to build it up, figured now would be a good time to start a thread. It'll mostly be used as a weekend warrior to go offroading and camping.

I picked up this JKU with just under 130,000 kms on it. Except for the usual interior scuffs and the black exterior plastics being faded, it's a really tidy vehicle and thought it was really well priced

I'm really keen to take it bush and do some camping and offroading, really see what the Wrangler's capable of in its stock form I'm compiling a list of things to mod but have to restrain myself a bit and focus on the priorities.

For a start, the JKU came with 4 of the same aftermarket polished wheels (wheel caps say Rebel Racing) but the spare is a factory, and there's three different tyres on the whole vehicle Does anyone recognise the polished wheels or know where I can source one locally? They're 16x8, I think. Otherwise, I'm keeping my eyes open for a decent full set of second hand wheel and tyres, if anyone's selling let me know.

The previous owners also gave me the soft top as well but it's missing some pieces and looks like it's had better days. If anyone knows anyone in Newcastle/Hunter Valley with a soft top for sale, let me know because I might be interested for the right price

Till next time....

Last edited by acs85; 13-10-2019 at 10:54 PM.