AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why is it hard to Start when Cold
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Well I checked every wire under the hood got the multi meter out checked all the earths everything is good I did notice one thing which has been bothering me during my tests is the fuel pump runs on?
After checking everything I decided to try a start full battery just charged every time I tried to start and was a no go the fuel pump ran on it didn't turn off? one time the idiot lights were normal I heard the fuel pump shut off I tried to start there was a ignition flutter but would not stay running? But the fuel pump turned off?
As I said above I think it might be the Ignition Switch ... I did some googleing and youtubeing and the symptoms are there it never cut out while driving also I learnt how to Hotwire a XJ Red to Blue yellow to touch and start I am going to Hotwire it tomorrow bypass the switch and see if it starts normal the key barrel is looseish in the ignition might be worn? 23 years of off and on if its still the same (On that thought I need another Beer!) it has to be between the ignition and the PCM ........... But fingers crossed I think its the switch
Yes I had fuel pressure issues But it has always been about turning the key on and off many times to get a start ... ?
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_) I Need Another BEER!