AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Acute engine stalling whilst driving, 2 months jeep dealer no luck they cannot fix it
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019
I just registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post
I feel you need to go back to basics, it would be worth having fuel pressure checked, remove a spark plug and check for spark whilst cranking, check for injection voltage pulse with a multimeter whilst cranking.
Have you considered the possibility that the engine may have broken a timing chain? worth checking.

If all these items above check out OK, have a look for a damage to the engine wiring loom. If the loom is suspect it can be changed insitu it is a big job but not impossible

Hey Classic boy

So I checked all above suggested and found out the following after going wild with the multi meter.

Two potential problems that appear related:

1: When all loom plugs are in and the ECU has 12v, then the 5v supply to sensors only has less than 1 volt coming out of it.

2 When all loom plugs are in, the 5v sensor supply is closed circuit to ground. It goes open circuit (to ground) when the ECU loom plug is out.
I’m not sure why or if it’s even supposed to behave in this manner. It seems the 5v supply is being dragged down by a short to ground when all plugs are in. Other ECU’s I’ve installed always have 5v without a short to ground where plugged in or not.

What do you guys make of this?

Cheers