AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Why is it hard to Start when Cold
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

OBD2 Sorta? from what I have read some say a 96 is obd2 as it has the 3x32 pin plugs at the pcm others say its a transition year 97 is the first obd2 year? I just know that all my sensor plugs are different from every one else in XJ World......

OK......................Went for a Drive and it runs Like Shit!
I could tell you whats wrong with it right Now! But I'm sure you would like the more detailed and sometimes long winded version you have grown accustomed to ............ at Beer Clock.........
I new something wasn't right as soon as we backed out the driveway and started up the street (you guess the symptoms)
The jeep was sluggish almost like it was flooding even though it had started up crisp and was nice at idle slow to change gears we were going out on the highway for a bit to get down to the river acceleration was near impossible and 4th gear was missing to the point of shuddering Forget it !
We came back to town and went to another spot out the other side of town we had to run the dog he needed it I cruised out there around 50 kph runs great just over idle in and around the bush tracks .....Guessed it Yet?

Remember a few posts back when I put the replacement pcm in I got a code 22......YES TPS Low Voltage even though I tested the voltage in the 5 volt circuit I never tested tps voltage out and it has swung back around to kick me in the rear
The pcm told me Oh well
TPS Ordered (Standard Motor Parts $54.16 aud) rockauto via FedEx 10 days to me
At Least it Runs
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)