AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New Tyres - Hankook RF10s
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default New Tyres - Hankook RF10s

Well, I bit the bullet and had five Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10s in 265/60R18 fitted. Total cost, including a wheel alignment, $1150. I have a second spare - from my old Laredo, fitted with a Bridgestone 697.

I have not driven far, but I have done some city, some freeway and even towed our Crossover XL - around 1500 kg at the time for a while. My initial impressions are:
  • They actually seem quieter than the original Michelin Latitudes in the same size which had done 35,000 kms. I reckon I can hear subtle engine noises I could not hear before, especially cruising on the freeway.
  • They are very smooth - about the same as the Michelins.
  • Fuel consumption seems the same or even better. Driving one hour on mainly freeway to get the camper, then one hour back towing it on the freeway at 100 km/h and the computer says 9.0 l/100km. Excellent!
Now off for Easter, back home for a few days, then off to the Flinders and up to Oodnadatta and home to Melbourne, all towing. I'll see how they go after that.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs