AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Fuel Rail for 2007 Wrangler JK CRD
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Fuel Rail for 2007 Wrangler JK CRD

Hi all,

Taking a punt that someone has had experience with the fuel rail in their CRD wrangler JK...At a crossroads deciding how much to keep spending on my 2007 JK with 200K kms.

Been battling a low fuel rail pressure code (p0087) for past 5 months. Have been through the works diagnosing (fuel filter, loose terminals, injectors), had to suck it up and go to dealership who advised that the fuel rail needs replacing to fix the low pressure issue as the solenoid sensor needs replacing.

As Jeep don't let Bosch sell the fuel rail separately, I'm looking at $2,300 from dealership. Found an eBay special for $1000 from a seller that has previously been discussed on this forum as coming through with the goods (Jeep Antalaktika). Im in Tassie so second hand parts for CRDs don't exist.

So what's thoughts? Spend $2,300 on genuine part, $1000 for the ebay part or break my heart and consider a trade in... Any thoughts welcomed.