AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Missing check engine light
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Missing check engine light

GC WK2 Laredo 2011 90000 km

help me please, should the check engine light illuminate when you press the start button twice with out foot on the brake??

first press puts it into acc mode second press igniton on and test indicator lights ??

why i ask is that since I've had this car (2011 WK@ V6) I've noticed a slight shaking of the motor when first started from cold, and a slight miss in the exhaust note, this all clears once running and warmed up.

also just after starting i get a single DING so i hooked up a scanner and using Torque lite i scanned for codes.
and got P0304 cylinder 4 misfire , bummer cylinder 4 is under the manifold and a pig to get at.

the car has done around 92000 km, and everything runs ok.

so researching i come across issues with the left head --- great for me second hand car 8 years old no warranty.

so the question is should the check engine light come up after the second press of start button because I'm wondering if some dog has removed the bulb why i say this is that the top mounting screw for the instrument cluster was loose.

please tell me I'm wrong

oh one more thing its indicating 16+ inch vacuum at idle which is fairly good and when i blip the throttle the vac action is rapid, which would tend to indicate
good valve sealing.

please someone put my mind at ease

thanks