AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Can Jeep Dealerships even fix their own brand cars?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8shn View Post
Thanks for reading the whole thing, it certainly is long. To clarify, I didn't know there was mud under the TJ (it was hardened clay actually) as I hadn't taken it offroad myself. I didn't look underneath it when I bought it, and probably should have. I couldn't get the crap off, it was in the connectors and everything. My point is I didn't have the skill, time, or patience, but I had the cash to pay someone to do it, and they couldn't / wouldn't.

As for drowning the current Jeep, my partner had depth measured the entire puddle except the entry point - it was a mistake. Rest assured, I spend huge money on my vehicle's upkeep. This was my point entirely -- no matter how much cash I wave in front of these dealerships, they still can't/won't fix the issues they are presented. My drowned Jeep had an insurance claim on it that day, and it was in the dealership the next day they were open. My service books are flawless.

As for not naming the dealerships, not weakness at all, it's calculated politeness. I am giving Dealership "C" a chance to actually fix my Jeep before I smear their name all over the forums. Don't worry - when they don't, ACCC, FCA, forums, Facebook, the press, and everyone else will hear of every incompetence in painful detail

Nonetheless, thanks for taking the time to read my silly story.
No such thing as a silly story!
Some of the responses you may get may be.
Please be aware that many of my negative comments towards you were sarcastic.
A well designed air induction system should not be able to be drowned that easy!
Dirt on the underside should be expected on a 4WD! Polished floors was the hint!
I have had interaction with a few dealers. I have found the better ones are far from Melbourne. The dealer in Horsham was helpful without being likely to make money.
I have found recalls are a joke.
Good luck with your current issues.