AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Keyless Remote
Thread: Keyless Remote
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,013 Times in 2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Good to hear the nightmare is over.
I guess you will make sure you never loose the key/fob again!
Hey, I never lost it in the first place , even been thinking of getting another fob and getting it coded by local locksmith and that will give me 3 key fobs, so if the missus and I loose ours I will still have a coded key to save the mortage. While being able to just leave the fob in my pocket to lock,unlock and start the vehicle is nifty nice, its a pain when working on it, going to the beach or out bush, can't stick the damn thing in a secret spot on the vehicle or accidentally go swimming with it, might be good gear for the George St Bling Set but I think I would prefer the old metal key, it can roll around in the dirt, go swimming or just get tek screwed under the bull bar far more versatile, durable and sensible for a FWD than these electronic gimmicky things...... I suppose a Faraday Box hidden outside somewhere would work to lock the fob into.

As for anti theft, well my old analogue vehicles were always deaded by a simple mod I did to them which to by pass required about 30 mins of effort if you knew why it wouldn't go in the first place.....so simple never found anyone who clicked to date....... similar could be possible in a CRD too I think, just never bothered...besides that would be for another thread...........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.