AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - LS swap into WJ / WG Grand Cherokee and other stuff (ahem...attempt).
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2019
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobz View Post
Did you injure it in an accident? Or did that develop over a few years also?

That's a big bit of bone to be in there. Did the surgeon say you'll be all good to go soon?

I lifted my desk chair up for using the keybard and mouse, that's helped but still annoying.

I had the thought if babies can train themsleves to use their hands from birth, I can retrain myself to be much better with my left. Been practicing all sorts left handed (I'm right handed). Now my left elbow and some muscle is aching

Throwing with my left arm is wayyyy unko still, but some things aren't too bad.
The dog slipped his collar camping and took off after a stray that entered our campsite, i tackled him to the ground right as he was about to leap after it and it ripped my arm up behind me head dislocating it and twisting it around 180` (hes a 65kg mastiff guard dog) iv'e since had over 100 re-dislocations in the 2.5 years following (usually when sleeping.)

Haha yeah the surgeon wasn't real happy about the condition of my shoulder he said it was the largest piece of bone he'd found while performing this surgery and he had great difficulty removing it, the surgery was spose'd to be 2 hrs and ended up taking 4.5hrs.
It will take about 6months of physio before i can use it like i used to (ie weights training and MMA training) but the surgeon is confident that it should return to full function. (there's more evasive proceedure's i can do otherwise although they will restrict movement of the shoulder and he wanted to prevent that. given that im only 29.)

Yes iv'e done the same now, i can still only use my right hand for a limited time (and i have to keep my elbow close to my ribs.)

Unfortunately that's not how this works, the older you are the harder it is to learn new things, we can certainly do it but its signifficantly more difficult than it is for an infant. (i had a hell of a time trying to wipe my ass.
I too am having increased pain in my left shoulder as its overworking to compensate also my neck and traps ache also.

Yes throwing a ball for the dog is almost impossible i threw his ball on the garage roof and made the missus climb up there to retrieve it and of course the dog started climbing up after her

Thats the culprit right there: