AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Grand Willys Project
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts

Still working away but not doing anything picture worthy right now with sorting wiring etc.
On other thoughts, my wife and I saw Tank green, as first offered on the 2015 Willys Edition of the JK, in the flesh for the first time and really think it could suit the utilitarian theme I have always been going for. Gives a bit of heritage flavour as well. I would run it with black painted guards to break up the colour a bit and keep the 30-40's look as well.

Muck like it is above with the black flares. Maybe could even do the grille black too? Or just the centre section like it was stock?

I have been told a lot to leave it unpainted to show the metal work but not very practical though as even a clear will not seal it properly. But thought it might be a good idea to now complete it and get my engineer's approval and road registered before paint. Then for the summer at least, run it without paint to make sure everything is perfect before stripping it down to be painted.

The other recent colour was a burgundy and black, but might be too classy a colour for the Truck my wife feels and think she could be right.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club