AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Reboot for Jeep in Australia
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Reboot for Jeep in Australia

I read this article with great interest.

It will be interesting to see if they actually do something about their after-sales service and whether they will actually improve parts availability and pricing. I thought that $150 for 8 litres of oil was just a tad steep (although that is the dealer and not FCA). My soon to be ex dealership also advised that it would cost $150 to hook up my vehicle and troubleshoot why the seat heater was not working.

The RFDS style troubleshooters will also be an interesting development. Perhaps they will also invest in some dealer training?

All very positive news if they follow through on the words. Without being cynical (no really), I do recall similar promises in the past from previous "fearless leaders".

The job at hand is one that will take time. Messing up your brand reputation can be a relatively quick exercise but repairing the damage and restoring consumer trust takes a lot longer. I wonder whether they have the patience and deep enough pockets to achieve this noble goal.

I hope they do because as a product, I love my Jeep. Sadly, a good product that is let down by the manufacturer and their representatives.

Cheers,

DM

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...pB8E14jZCunZsA