AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Roof Loading
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hello Hoppy99...very interesting especially how the rails mount in the pic with the spacer aka grommet...I have the Frontrunner racks on mine and as you probably know these are prone to cracking the roof due to the way they mount..I am tempted to replace them with the Chief products but after looking at that photo I wonder why they didn't mount flush with the roof at the rear peg..The Frontrunner rails mount flush there and with their own bolts on rubber spacers...problem is weigt distribution which the Chief seem to have solved...I'm wondering where I've kept the original OE hardware so looks like a few hours going through all the stuff in my shed...Hmmm..Still bothered by the way the Chief rails mount on that rear peg considering this is one of the reasons the Frontrunner rails cause cracking around the netserts due to load bearing on a small surface area..Look forward to what you say after some load testing.

Last edited by Wanderer; 16-03-2020 at 10:24 AM.