AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Roof Loading
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRob View Post
Looks good, would of your rola rack done the same as the planks? but maybe a plank at the front and back is not a bad thing and then put the rola rack on top. I don't think the planks are wide enough for my application.
The problem with the Rola rack is it’s not designed to attach to rails but to racks. I did try to find a work-a-round to fit them directly but it just became really complicated. So, I ordered the two planks and it was a breeze. My Rola is only 1200 long that’s why they are placed at that distance. They are also placed towards the front so I can remove the Rola easily and attach my roof top tent, which needs a 540 overhang from the rear mounting point. This is so it won’t hit the tail gate when it opens.

I forgot to take a photo of the Rola attached but will when I get time. Next task is to lift the 55kg roof tent up and work out how to attach, might need to order the roof tent attachment kit but again, trying to save money now.... in case I lose my job.