AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 EGR Removal
Thread: WK2 EGR Removal
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,985 Times in 2,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bov17 View Post
I agree about the DPF - however, its extremely temping to get rid of it at the same time as they only cause issues.

Normally, I simply sell with the original parts so they can go back on if the buyer wants to.

might look for dpf removal at the same time i think!
The thing is with the amount of WK2's on the road it doesn't really seem like a big issue with DPF, never met anyone myself but the stories all seem to be city doodlers, I know that will start a few up but the issue seems to be common on DPF fitted vehicles, AddBlue isn't any better either............
If you remove the DPF it does run out a few dollars and the thing is you will have to pay those same dollars maybe more to put it back to original..... I look at it if I wanted to spend those dollars changing all this stuff I would have bought a nice V8 petrol.....
I also think about all these folk blurting out on social media how they pull the DPF off and other changes, one day when you least expect it the Transport fellas will have a roadside and put the sniffer on, then you are done and dusted, big fine and vehicle on tow truck ........... When ever the Shaker is around the Sniffer could be used as well...... Just look at the dopey footballers for example.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.