AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Center Console Removal Advice
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Center Console Removal Advice

Hey all,

So I was at the shops the other day and the key stuck in the ignition. 09 JKU Auto. Dash registered Park, but it was clear there wasn't the release so I figured the cable stop was loose or moved around. No problem, I remember the advice I got when I got my first TJ and something was 'sticky...

Anyway, long story short, I bounced it off a curb and everything works fine again.

No problems since, but I am going to peel apart the center console and make sure the shift cable is in order to keep this from happening again.

My question is for an early JK - is there anything else while I am in there that I should have a close look at? Nothing out of order except the shift cable, I just know it is a PITA to remove the console and wondered if anyone knew of anything else I should check/tighten/bless/curse while I am in there apart from the usual frayed wires.

Thanks!