AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Alternator gone, Any recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Are you chaning the alternator yourself? Its a horrible job.

I bought a recond alt from a place just around the corner from me for $300 with 12m warranty earlier this year. Very lucky I thought as I needed one desperately. Otherwsie I would have bought a Bosch or Valeo one from a auto parts store as they weren't that expensive either. Last resort was RockAuto/internet somewhere but would've had to wait for shipping.

Oil leaks from the front of the turbo are extremely common on the CRD. Its blowby oil coming from the CCV valve. Heaps of info on this and how to get around it. Best bet is to fit a oil catch can. The oil leaks out of there and down on the swirl motor under the turbo and eventually kills it, again plenty of info on this and how to turn off/disable the swirl motor as its not needed for running the engine, by now given the age of these vehicles you might find that the swirl motor has already been disabled by someone installing a restistor to the plug (the other way to disable is via a ECU tune).
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119

Last edited by Turismo07; 27-07-2020 at 11:40 AM.