AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Jeep’s Big Aussie comeback plan. Will it work?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE M View Post
Why are ford rangers so popular when you hear all the stories about engine and gearbox failures. One Mazda mechanic I know talks about engine replacements in BT50’s like oil changes.
I too hear the stories about Rangers and BT50's which is why I haven't bought one. Am thinking of an Amarok, but no doubt they also have their issues...or I might get the new model Isuzu when it comes out which has apparently got a can't kill under stressed truck engine. Should have a lot more creature comforts than the model it will replace.

I have actually liked my JKU Rubicon and have been surprised at the fun I have had, the places I have been to and my experience with its reliability, in part due to me doing preventative maintenance, which so far has cost me about $25K over the nearly 14 yr life of the vehicle...better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere. I am going to keep it for a while yet even with a second 4WD.

I just think that Jeep dealers etc have dropped the ball with their customers, as I have experienced. It would take a lot for me to rely on them.

I also come across a lot of happy Cherokee and Grand Cherokee owners all over the country who think they r the duck's guts for towing and touring and many have swapped over from many years of owning toyotas, fords, mazda etc and swear they would never own another one again.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 09-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.