AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 2.8 CRD Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesio View Post
Does the engine flutter at all before stopping, or just a dead stop? Does it start up again without a problem - ie no lengthy cranking? Do you momentarily loose dash lights when it cuts out?

I reckon you'd probably get a fault code if it were the crank, cam, or fuel rail sensor. I'm thinking it might be more along the lines of an ECU fault.
Thanks Haysio,

No warning lights that I have noticed. 1 minute you are cruising along at 80 kph and then nothing - engine just stops. Just Roll to a stop off the side of the road turn the key to off then restart and continue on our way.

It has happen at roundabouts - VERY SCARY and in the driveway at essentially zero Kph.

At the moment we have totally lost confidence in the car until we get a fix whish seems to be very hard to pinpoint.

I have had Murchison put a reader on and no faults came up. I have done the ignition switch on switch off quickly and no codes on the odometer.

Although no conclusive answer most people seem to think a sensor
but possibly ECU - I just don't know. can that be reflashed or better to look at a drop in replacement??

While the fault is bloody serious (ie dangerous) its also very intermittent which is making it hard to pinpoint.

Happy for all suggestions and assistance

Steve