AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - BFGoodRich A/T KO2’s
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020

Liked 53 Times in 23 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have run BFG's for years on several 4x4's over the years, and love them. The KO2's are the best yet.

I'm running 265/60/R18 KO2's on my 2011 UK 3.0 JGC CRD Ltd.

Bad points.
Definitely noisier than the standard 20" road tyres it came with.
I lose about 2mpg compared to the road tyres.

Overall observations.

Maybe a slightly harder ride, but with the JGC's soft suspension (compared to our other 4x4's) it's not really that noticeable. As a passenger my wife prefers the KO2 ride as she finds the Jeep a bit wallowy.

Great in the snow, and churned up field mud. Not gone into real deep mud though. Often tow the caravan on wet fields that are chewed up from other cars slipping and sliding and these are perfect.

I have to run them at about 42psi on the road, otherwise they run on the tread of the sidewall (can't remember what that bit is called, strapes?), and this is what makes them noisy, but once the pressure was increased, they are a lot better. To get the preasure, I drew a chalk line across the width of the tyre, then drove in a straight line on a tarmac surface, and then checked to see what pressure it wore off evenly across the tyre.

Great road manners, wet and dry.

I am also currently running them on our other off roader, a Nissan Terrano2. When I say about them being noisier, it's only really noticeable in a vehicle as quiet as the JGC, you don't notice it on more agricultural vehicles like the T2.

Seem to last forever. 20K miles on the T2, and you can't see any wear. JGC has only done 10K miles on them. My old T2 did 40Kmiles on the old KO's, and I don't see any reason to think these newer KO2's will last as less.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Lazy-Ferret; 28-09-2020 at 02:04 AM.