AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Headlight and Tail Light Modernization?
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Headlight and Tail Light Modernization?

The WG is still a great looking car even though it is 20 years old. The things that keep it looking "boring" to me are the headlights and tail lights and I think they were designed by someone's Nanna. I know it's been looked at before but there doesn't seem to be a definite solution suitable to Australia to bring them up to date aesthetically.

Headlights;
The Halos look great but built for LHD. Some discussion on here re' changing the projection plates over but no resolution posted in the threads that I found. Also have not seen these are actually legal here anyway.

Tail Lights;
I don't like the look of the clear tail lights, they look like "drift" lights to me and not suitable. One thing I have seen on YouTube is where the tail lights were painted with VHT Nite-Shades which turned them into a darker tinted light and they looked pretty good (See link below). You can get that stuff here online I've seen.

Any further information appreciated. Thanks.