AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WH: Grand Hemi build
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 98 Times in 67 Posts

Well its been awhile but have been chipping away at a few things in between other projects.

Fitted up a set of rubber flares that seem to work pretty well but have already come loose so think I need some additional fixtures.

Been having what I suspect a pinion bearing howl for some time, so started stripping down the spare diff I've got.

First things first, these things are a beast, at a guess it's over 100kgs and was a total prick to move around, but I managed to get it onto some axle stands without totally mangling the disc backing plates (just some minor mangling).

She had a bit of metallic paste and a lot of clutch material in there.

After some time with a ratty old tooth brush and some brake clean I could actually see what everything looked like and could check they were 3.73 gears (stamped on the ring gear). Very little backlash and doesn't seem like the spider gears have the slop that my other diff has got.

Resealed it and going too start pulling the other parts off it so I can swap all the bits across from the other one going to reuse the brakes and ABS sensors.

Last edited by Windex; 21-08-2021 at 07:43 AM.