AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - New owner of 2006 WH CRD
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks guys

Flushed brakes today, easy! Took me about an hour with my partner pressing the brakes. I went slowly and was really careful to not get any air in the system. I thought I had flushed the first three then realised the colour of the old fluid wasn't as light as the new fluid, so I went back to each brake and continued the process til the colour was the same. Ended up with exactly the right amount of fluid at the end, and measured the same amount came out as went in, cool. $15 for brake fluid and $3 for 6mm x 1meter clear vinyl hose - saved us $72

Transmission is weeping slowly, I can see it is from the pan gasket. Maybe its too tight or not tight enough, dunno but I figure it's been on there for 6 months now so probably best not to fiddle with it at this point. I imagine the gasket has already smooshed itself into shape. I may just go ahead and do the full flush of it soon w/ a kit from rock auto or wherever.

I am sometimes getting P065A still - no other codes with it, though. The red battery light comes on for a few seconds after starting the car then goes off. I'll have to double check but previously this had happened once, and I measured the voltage after starting. It climbed from around 11v to 14.4v over the course of like 15 seconds, I guess it's just the alternator getting going? There is evidence of oil spilling from the oil fill cap in the past, maybe it is gunked up and needs time to get moving...

Do these vehicles have a smart/variable-voltage alternator?