AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Clunk/pop from rear end
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russc0123 View Post
Took it back to the dealer and they said the issue was the rear ball joints. Had both ball joints replaced at Jeep (under warranty) and that has not fixed it. Jeep are saying it's the shocks and shock mounts.
Now trying to get this covered by the dealer under the statutory warranty as Jeep has quoted $3600 to fix.

If they don't cover it, does anyone know where to buy cheaper shocks and mounts in Perth so I can fit them myself?
Surely they would cover it as they have admitted through trying to fix it that there is actually something amiss, but to say its the ball joints and now its the the shock absorbers, I dont feel they have a bloody clue!!!!
Bloody text book mechanics, sorry technicians
And then go ahead and install a bloody lift kit, sounds like one of the apprentices must of had an influence on how YOUR vehicle should sit on the road.
They should of replaced with identical (part for part ) not used a substitute, Thats like replacing Brembo brake calipers on a SRT with after market generic cause they were cheaper.
Before they done the work, did they get your approval first, because if you agreed, unfortunately your on your own

Last edited by OLMATE; 15-03-2021 at 05:44 PM.