AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NOfuse and M13 Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021
AJOR Gold

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I figured I would update on the M13 and noFUSE in case any internet mechanics out there want even more juicy info.

So my M13 was my noFUSE culprit. I never did find a smoking gun and resorted to siege warfare on the Jeep. I bought a 50 pack of 20A fuses and would pop a new one in when it would blow it, some went kaboom immediately, some would take months to kaboom. I would simply replace the fuse and if it kept blowing them instantly, I would give it a few days and try again. But I wore it down and have spent the last 8 months or so in glorious normal Jeep life.

Alas, twas not to be.

After spending every red cent to buy a house, the Jeep decided to do its thing again. This time it didn't blow the M13. But let's not forget where we came from. No, this time it simply did that thing where there at startup there are no dash lights, you can't shift out of park and wipers running non-stop.

The fix most people find is unplug the battery, stomp on the brake, and wait 10-15 minutes. And that kinda worked, but after every key-out stop, the problem would repeat. I tried resetting the TIPM, trickle charging my battery overnight and chasing every exposed major ground to make sure it was good.

I then thought, what the hell? This is a dash cluster type issue, let's see how our old friend M13 is. The fuse was intact and was in great shape...but I know better. I pulled it and tried to start again.

Turns out...M13 is again part of the issue. Pull that bad boy and everything goes back to my original noFUSE life. But the jeep runs and wipers don't go forever. So while it is a step back from where I was, it is a step forward of where I am.

So at this point I am looking at the TIPM being possessed by gremlins and in need of exorcism. Replacing is time consuming and expensive, and often involves mailing things for a rebuild.

I think instead of banging my head against a wall I will do what I did last time and try to simply outlast the bastard. I refuse to throw money at a TIPM just yet until I squeeze everything I can out of this one.

But, and I can't believe I am saying this, it is kind of comforting to be right back where I started...noFUSE lights on, key fob not working, strange startup whirrrrrrs.It feels almost like home.