AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Headliner replacement
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021
Established Member

Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
i took a cheap approach.
Cleaned the old foam off the roof with it in place.
Spray painted with flat white paint and then a coat of granite finish paint from Spotlight. looks ok and i damaged can just touch up with the granite finish stuff.
Cleaning the old foam off was a pain. Used a paint scraper and then a wire brush.
At least with my fix it will never sag again.
This is what I'll be doing soon. I had my headliner redone around 2012 and that only cost $250, but I've got saggy bits juuuust starting to show. The guy did a great job but my heep lives outside 24/7 so nearly a decade is doing well... I looked at what some other folk did online, and I'm 99% sure mine is the fiberglass sandwich version so it should look really nice once it's stripped and painted. I was going to go black, but then the rest of the trim is grey and I'm not wasting my time trying to colour change that! Trim paint never lasts, so darkish grey headliner it is.

I actually found my headliner guy on facebook last week, sent him a message about doing the headliners on a couple of our cars and he still quoted me at $250. Now that's a good deal for almost a decade later!!