AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NEW......T36 Alternator Recall
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,967 Times in 2,340 Posts

The alternator doesn't bother me but that bustard coolant leak in the valley is the one that gives me concern, it goes you will be well a truly up the creek and need more than a spanner or two, a hose blowing I have found over the years will cause more grief than most things.......well throwing a leg does sort of solve any road side fix............ of course knowing how to change the things and having the tools to do it does help, I have come across people who carry the spare parts but have no idea of the how to, which in itself is not a biggy and is a sensible approach when you need help.

Have noticed from mates with JGC that those who follow a certain faceache page tend to get more worried..........

So each to their own, a sat phone and full road service along with a BiC lighter and good insurance you should have the numbers covered.......... at least nowadays your not as remote as when I first wandered out into nowhere, in fact nowhere has gone, as much as folk think they are no where in 2021 come back to the 70's with me and I will show you what nowhere is really like........... no phone, HF radio and the sealed road ran out before Charleville......... a trip to Innaminka was an adventure, but you fixed a car with spanners and a hammer..........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.