AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - NEW......T36 Alternator Recall
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,967 Times in 2,340 Posts

Have followed points 1. and 2 at various times and sometimes combined........... I once carried this rotor button around in my spares box for a number of years then at 0400 dark, engine stops, I find the rotor has split, big smile on dial as I go to spares box and pull out a new one only the smile turns to a grimace when i find the box says 6 cyl but the rotor is a 4 cyl job, some cows learnt some new words that morning and I find some Tarzans and some sail makers thread worked enough to get me the last 100kms.............. It was these early lessons that taught me never to take things on face value, I think if I my GC was earlier than the 2015 I would have pulled the alternator out for a look see, diode plates don't usually fail in an instance they tend to cook over a time and does show, I have seen on others so assume these will too..... so, the other things are a matter of close inspection weeks before departure to see if anything is amiss is about the best way...........Carrying a spare alternator does give piece of mind which is always good, forget the power steering fluid last year so that was on my mind the whole trip and trying to find the right juice was hard......
So in conclusion if it keeps the mind happy then its a good idea........ Knowing the set ups on these things I try not to think too hard or the grey cells will go into massive overload......

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.