AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Coolant leak
Thread: Coolant leak
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,975 Times in 2,347 Posts

Just had a call from a mate with a 2015 Grand, 150K km on clock, staying at another old work mate who last year his Grand bred the leak at 85K km and he did the job himself, ( local mechanic wasn't terribly interested ) so they took the lid off the 2015, all looked good but as they grabbed the hose it disintegrated in front of them, he also said the valley was full of grass seeds, dry enough to start a fire he reckoned............... so 2 vehicles differing in distance travelled but both not city hacks. So I'm thinking next week might ensure I get some little bits of hose and hose clamps ready to go...... and before I head off again on a trip I may just lift the top off and have a squiz and do the job on the hose at a time I choose, then do I just replace those other bastard hoses at the same time...........
Little voice says "You know you should" while the other one says "Crap, let someone else do it" but of course will they stuff it up, so its down to old trustworthy mechanic......... Who's getting too old for this crap, at least I don't have to crawl under the damn thing.....

One person should be okay to do it, over 2 days with lots of swearing ???????????????????? I have extra set of wheels just its a long drive if I need extra bits.... nothing special in the spanner dept, I have torx and speedies and big hammer.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 27-07-2021 at 04:45 PM.