AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Mishimoto radiator conversion
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgey View Post
It's time for my 06 to get a new radiator I think.
Is this type/brand worth it after needing to mod the mounts etc or go with a factory type replacement?
I have the time and knowhow to do the same mods as yours.

Also has it affected the running temps much? My TJ is my second car and a lil dubious driving in a full QLD summer currently. I'm running a large thermo fan on mine also.
I have a 4.0L 2006. Current engine in it is a mild stroker.

Only ever used OEM radiator equivalent. No electric fan as I could only see a need for one if I was doing regular water crossings and needed to switch it off. I do like the idea of electric however.

I keep it serviced - only proper coolant and an annual flush. Thermostat and water pump always replaced as necessary.

I’ve owned the TJ since 2010 so had 16 years experience with it in NQ.

Our temps up here are often 35°c to 40°c+ in Summer and I have had no over heating issues ever. Under bonnet in the sun I would hate to guess just how hot on a 40°c+ day ! I thought about a fancier radiator like a mishimoto but came to conclusion for my purposes would only be for looks as the oem style works exactly as it should. I do like the look however and that could tempt me in the future.