AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dual battery noob question
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2021

Liked 53 Times in 23 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
My van charges itself by solar only and is usually fully charged by the time I hook up with only a 12v run from Jeep direct to van fridge. I set up mine for fully off grid so solar has to do its job for days/weeks at a time, no way of charging from Jeep anyway only have a 240v charger, rarely used and a very good MPPT solar reg with near 500w on the roof ...
My previous rig I had 12v to van to charge it but found I didn't need it so this time didn't even bother with it, seen a lot of expensive set ups that are not needed, a solar set up thats keeps everything going for weeks off grid doesn't need any help from a tug when towing and to use your vehicle to charge batteries in camp is just dumb..... and have seen vans set up that just do parks so no need at all .....
But if I ever need an aux battery in Jeep certainly fit out as I said earlier, making it portable is the way to go but the weigh bridge ticket on mine doesn't leave any room for another 30 kgs of gear..
Yeah Yeah, rub it in... just cos you get some of that stuff... what's it called... oh yeah, I think I remember... Sun?

I have 300w of solar on the roof of our caravan, doesn't even run the heater fan for a whole day without help.