AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Cherokee Owners post your PIC!!
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2021
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Nice rig and great price.
You have been there before, so know all stuff you have to do to get these bad boys working good.
Great choice/combo of suspension and tyres. Will go anywhere on that setup, and depending where you are, it is totally legal. (WA still had 50mm total lift including suspension and tyres).

I would suggest upgrading to a brand new XJ viscous fan or a ZJ upgraded fan. As far as cooling, i have tried every mod under the sun. Bonnet vents, ceramic coated headers, high flow pumps, triple threat electric fan set up.. and nothing worked until i got a ZJ viscous fan. Temps all dropped back to normal, even in extreme driving. However, it was a bit noisy, so i got a brand new Hayden XJ viscous fan. It still worked a treat. I think they wear out and just dont pull the air anymore.

Also, an engine watchdog is a good idea in these. Mine is setup to monitor and alarm both tranny and engine temps. I put it all into a pod on the dash with CB radio and Motor Minder Vacuum gauge.

Look forward to seeing your progress on here.
Cheers,